Jobs with the ACTF
Please see below for any current employment opportunities at the ACTF. For work experience placements and internships, please refer to the FAQ.
4-5 days a week preferred
The Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF) is a national children’s media production and policy hub. We invest in Australian children’s media and sell our content all around the world, develop valuable screen resources for the education sector and engage with our stakeholders and the community through electronic news and social media campaigns.
We're looking for a creative and highly skilled designer, with a fresh and exciting visual style, to join our staff in Fitzroy. Reporting to the CEO, you will work alongside the whole team and will relish variety – whether that’s assisting our international sales team to develop advertising campaigns and catalogues for trade fairs which bring our shows to life, working with the education team to develop engaging and attractive education resources, helping our communications officer create effective social media campaigns or working on our Annual Report with the CEO. The ideal candidate will be equally at home with digital and print design, will love working with photos and will be able to demonstrate the capacity to develop strong visual concepts, follow through with layout and design, and manage a project from conception to delivery with an eye for detail. Your portfolio should demonstrate the capacity to find the right “tone” for specific projects – whether that’s a playful and creative marketing campaign or a more corporate report which still looks fresh and focussed.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Developing and overseeing the look and feel of the ACTF brand and the use of an office wide style guide;
- Developing and creating all print design requirements, as briefed, including template design, print layouts and liaising with external printing companies;
- Designing, coordinating and managing digital content deliverables and updates from across the organisation; and
- Web design and e-Books.
Key Selection Criteria for this role:
- Degree in Graphic Design or a relevant qualification;
- At least five years' experience as a graphic designer, including 2 years encompassing design in a similar role;
- Fully proficient in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience in designing across all platforms (print, digital, social and multimedia);
- Experience in developing engaging visual presentations to illustrate reports, submissions and speeches;
- Ability to concepttualise and take ideas and solutions from concept through to implementation and execution;
- Ability to estimate your design time when required;
- An impeccable portfolio displaying a strong sense of visual design, with the ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently;
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise, manage own time and work on concurrent tasks;
- Strong IT skills with an ability to learn new tools/processes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Project Management skills
- Interest in photography, illustration, editing video and animation would be advantageous.
This role is Fitzroy based and ideally 4 or 5 days per week. Please send us your CV including a folio supplied via link or pdf, with a cover letter addressing how your skillset and background address our selection criteria and explaining why working with the ACTF is the right fit for you.
Applications are to be forwarded by 5pm Friday 27 July to email@example.com
Contact officer: Christie Flora 03 9200 5502