The Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ABN 93 005 986 952) and its related companies (A.C.T.F. Productions Limited (ABN 57 006 037 734), Yolngu Boy Pty Limited (ABN 19 087 276 195), Mortified Pty Ltd (ABN 42 109 343 026) and Worst Year Productions Pty Ltd (ABN 47 157 848 381)) (together, “ACTF” “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
This policy describes how we collect, handle, use and disclose your personal information.
By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, handling, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information and how it is collected
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name, your contact details (including email address, mailing address, street address, telephone number and fax number), your age, your date of birth, your place of work and your position at your place of work;
- your credit card and other payment details;
- your preferences and/or opinions, and other information you provide to us through surveys;
- details of products (goods and services) we have provided to you and that you have enquired about;
- your browser session and geolocation data, device information, statistics on page views and sessions, search queries and browsing behaviour, and other information about your access to and use of our websites (including through the use of internet cookies and web beacons); and
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, including through your use of our websites and applications, interaction with our social media accounts and your accounts with us.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
We do not ordinarily collect sensitive information, but if we do, it will be given a higher level of protection in accordance with the Privacy Act. Sensitive information is a subset of personal information which includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, professional, political or religious affiliations or memberships, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health, genetics and biometrics.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information include:
- to contact and communicate with you, and manage our relationship with you;
- to enable you to access and use our websites, applications and your accounts with us;
- to provide and administer our products, and for direct advertising and marketing to you (including to send you information about our products, and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you);
- for business development, to improve our products, and to operate and improve our websites and applications;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes, for reporting purposes, and to obtain professional services (including legal and accounting services);
- such purposes as permitted or required by law, or otherwise with your consent; and
- for purposes related to the above.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services (including technology service providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators);
- third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- our directors, officers, employees, volunteers and contractors;
- our existing and potential business partners;
- sponsors and promoters of any competition we run;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties who assist us in providing products and information (including via direct marketing) to you (which may be located outside of Australia or which store data outside of Australia);
- third parties to collect and process data (which may be located outside of Australia or which store or process data outside of Australia).
We do not, in the ordinary course of our business, provide to third parties (whether free of charge, for a fee or otherwise) lists containing the personal information of individuals for those third parties to market their products to the relevant individuals.
Seeking access to, and updating, information we hold about you
You have the right to request personal information that we hold about you. Where permitted by law, in exceptional circumstances we may refuse to provide you with such personal information, and if we do, we will advise our reasons for doing so. Where permitted by law, an administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
You also have the right to request that a correction is made to your personal information that we hold. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Personal information that you have provided to us through an account with us might also be accessible by you through that account.
To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information, please contact us on the details set out below.
If you would like to make a complaint about privacy issues or a breach of this policy or the Privacy Act, please contact us on the details set out below. We will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a response setting out our decision in writing within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
Links to third party content
We may include links to third party content, including on our websites, applications, social media accounts and in electronic communications. We do not have any control over the privacy practices of those third parties and are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst using that third party content. Please check the privacy policies of each relevant third party.
Our contact details
Post: Australian Children’s Television Foundation, Level 3, 145 Smith Street, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9200 5500
Last update: July 2018